Vacation Travel Consultant
For Thirty years, Executive Travel has been committed to providing the best in vacation travel planning. As a member of Virtuoso we have the resources a Travel Advisor needs to take their career to the next level of professionalism and financial reward.
A vacation travel consultant will make professional, accurate, value added travel arrangements for all clients using preferred vendors, within company guidelines and standards for excellent customer service.
We are passionate about customizing and creating unique vacations for our clients. We want to create memories for our clients and be a contributor to improving our client's quality of life. We feel we can be the best in the world at this and also make great money providing this service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build long term relationships in order to help make travel dreams come true for our clients.
- Complete travel arrangements for client with air, hotel, car, tour, cruise and ground transportation vendors that best serves our clients travel budget and desires.
- Follow company procedures, guidelines and standards in the areas of customer service, building Passenger Name Records (PNRs) and profiles, ticketing, utilization of GDS, attendance, accuracy of work, invoicing, etc.
- Handle each reservation with exceptional accuracy and quality during the entire reservation process.
- Participate fully as a team member to assist as needed in completing all functions related to servicing the client and to help other travel consultants with servicing their clients.
- Research and provide solutions to travel-related problems clients may have experienced with arrangements.
- Stay fully informed and stay abreast of all airline rules and regulations, tariffs (domestic) and other industry requirements and accurately applies this information when making travel arrangements.
- Attend staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
- Market yourself and Executive Travel to potential clients. This is a sales position.
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Sales oriented, with an existing book of business (preferred)
- Be able to effectively communicate in person, via telephone and email
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years’ recent experience as a travel consultant
- Current GDS experience (Apollo preferred)
**This position is located in our office at 1212 O Street, Lincoln, NE.
- Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Travel Bank for use of personal travel
- Sales awards
- FAM opportunities
- Unlimited earning potential