Business Development Representative
We’re looking for an inspired, talented Business Development professional to help us with our ambitious growth plans. Executive Travel Inc. has a strong backbone of customer and employee focused values that lead to a great working environment. It’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
The Business Development position is responsible for developing a quantity pipeline in assigned territory, developing quality prospects from this pipeline, and meeting annual sales targets. This is a virtual position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and follows the Executive Travel Business Develop Methodology
- Achieves minimum level of performance in all components of the Business Development goals
- Develops prospects in assigned portfolio, and manages prospects through the business development lifecycle to achieve appropriate quantity and quality of pipeline.
- Maintains detailed records and files documenting new prospects, sold accounts, lost bids, and no-bid actions as requested by senior management. Uses company provided system to document business development activity.
- Leads all activities with prospects related to the development of strategy, proposals, presentations, and contract negotiations and signing (or existing clients in retention).
- Engages appropriate Executive Travel stakeholders in the business development process including sales calls, service configuration and pricing strategy, etc.
- Supports all activities related to client retention when requested by Client Solutions.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, products and services, etc.
- Identifies competitive threats and emerging problems and offers timely solutions.
- Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
- Keep immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of Executive Travel at all times.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree with business focus (preferred)
- Minimum five (5) years of sale experience - preferably in the travel or technology industry
- Strong financial and negotiation skills
- Strong network of travel industry contacts required
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Ability to travel 25-50%
*This position will require the employee to work from their home.
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Home Internet Reimbursement
- Personal Travel Bank