Business Development Representative
Are you looking to play a significant role in the growth and evolution of an organization? To challenge your skills and collaborate with other professionals who are great at what they do? Are you never satisfied with good enough and want to be a valuable contributor to a collective success? If so, then we have the opportunity for you! Come work at Executive Travel Inc.
We are one of the fastest growing Travel Management Companies, with a client base that includes: multi-national, financial, energy, food wholesale, and Fortune 20 companies. We combine cutting edge technology with excellent customer service and consultation to revolutionize the TMC market. We’re looking for an inspired, talented Business Development professional to help us with our ambitious growth plans. Executive Travel Inc. has a strong backbone of customer and employee focused values that lead to a great working environment. It’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team. If this sounds like you, please apply today!Job description
A day in the life of a Business Development Rep. at Executive Travel Inc. may include:
- Managing the various stages of the sales lifecycle for a portfolio of prospects
- Prioritizing scheduled and unscheduled calls, meetings, request and deadlines (often while traveling)
- Developing and executing strategies to engage prospects, demonstrate Executive Travel’s value, and grow our business.
- Challenge yourself everyday to learn, grow, and consistently make progress in achieving goals
This might be the job for you if you:
- Proven track record working for a Travel Management Company
- Are highly productive in a self-directed work environment
- Well rounded knowledge of the travel industry
- A current network that includes corporate buyers, suppliers, consultants, and other industry professionals
- Are self-motivated; demonstrating initiative with a strong commitment to personal goals, objectives
and work ethic
We’d love it if you also have:
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Comfort dealing with highly complex situations
- Strong process analysis, problem-solving and time-management skills
- 5+ years travel industry related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and follows the Executive Travel Business Develop Methodology
- Achieves minimum level of performance in all components of the Business Development goals
- Develops prospects in assigned portfolio, and manages prospects through the business development lifecycle to achieve appropriate quantity and quality of pipeline.
- Maintains detailed records and files documenting new prospects, sold accounts, lost bids, and no-bid actions as requested by senior management. Uses company provided system to document business development activity.
- Leads all activities with prospects related to the development of strategy, proposals, presentations, and contract negotiations and signing (or existing clients in retention).
- Engages appropriate Executive Travel stakeholders in the business development process including sales calls, service configuration and pricing strategy, etc.
- Supports all activities related to client retention when requested by Client Solutions.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, products and services, etc.
- Identifies competitive threats and emerging problems and offers timely solutions.
- Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
- Keep immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of Executive Travel at all times.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree with business focus (preferred)
- Minimum five (5) years of sale experience - preferably in the travel or technology industry
- Strong financial and negotiation skills
- Strong network of travel industry contacts required
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Ability to travel 25-50%
*This position will require the employee to work from their home.
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Home Internet Reimbursement
- Personal Travel Bank