Virtual Afterhours Corporate Travel Consultant
For Thirty years, Executive Travel has been committed to providing the best in travel planning for companies and leisure clients. We are made up of people who live and breathe travel with expertise and experience in all areas of the Travel Industry.
A corporate travel consultant will make professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all clients within company guidelines and standards for excellent customer service. This is a virtual position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete travel arrangements for client with air, hotel, car, tour, cruise and ground transportation vendors at the lowest possible fares. Utilize preferred vendors to maximize profit for company.
- Follow company procedures, guidelines and standards in the areas of customer service, building Passenger Name Records (PNRs) and profiles, ticketing, utilization of GDS, attendance, accuracy of work, invoicing, etc.
- Handle each reservation with exceptional accuracy and quality during the entire reservation process.
- Participate fully as a team member to assist as needed in completing all functions related to servicing the client.
- Research and provide solutions to travel-related problems clients may have experienced with arrangements.
- Is fully informed and stays abreast of all airline rules and regulations, tariffs (domestic) and other industry requirements and accurately applies this information when making travel arrangements.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a corporate travel consultant of which, 3 must be international
- In depth working knowledge of airline procedures relating to ticket issuance, exchanges, voids, refunds and resolutions of customer issues.
- Current GDS experience (Apollo preferred)
*This position will require the employee to work from their home.
The hours for this position are:
- 3 Weeknights until 9:00pm CST
- Saturday 8:00am to 2:00pm
- Sunday, 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Travel Bank for personal travel
- Corporate Bonus Program